The French pavilion opened on May 16, 1904 to Marsellaise played by the Sousa band. During the Fair, French representatives would use this building to host many gala receptions and dinners.
This extraordinary pavilion was a reproduction of the historic Grand Trianon at Versailles. It stood on fifteen acres. Visitors to the building could see a bit of Napolean's hair in a glass case.