Celebrating the Louisiana Purchase
top border decoration
Site Guide
View the Previous ImageView the Next Image
Program cover : Smoker and vaudeville, House of Hoo-Hoo, World's Fair grounds ... September 7, 1904

House of Hoo-Hoo Built Twice

Members of the lumberman's group, Concatenated Order of Hoo-Hoo, built their clubhouse twice at the Fair.  The original House of Hoo-Hoo was destroyed by fire on June 24.  But less than 30 days later the lumbermen had rebuilt the house. 

The House of Hoo-Hoo was made up of 20 types of native woods with veneers showing 139 different looks and illustrating progress in the forestry industry. 

The name Hoo-Hoo came from the shouts of lumber workers.

Scroll text up
Scroll text down
Related
Exhibit Buildings
Related
bottom border decoration