Maps of Missouri

 
Plat of the town of St. Louis, with all the houses on March 10th, 1804

Zoom out Print friendly

[1883]
Shows wooden houses on stone walls, wooden houses with posts in the ground, stone houses, Catholic Chiurch, priests house, horse mills, stone towers, soldiers barracks, commandants house, central tower, powder magazine. Gives French and English names. 'Note: The black dotted lines, beginning at the half moon at the North-east corner of the Plat and running around the village to the river at block 44, represent the palidsades put up immediately after the ;Affair of May 26, 1780.' They had all disappeared before 1804. The blocks of the town lots were not numbered until after the incorporation of the City, in 1823.
From: History of Saint Louis City and County ... / J. Thomas Scharf -- Philadelphia : L.H. Everts & Co., 1883 -- vol. 1, opp. p. 148.
Scale: Scale not given
Mapmaker: Billon, Frederick Louis, 1801-1895
Published: [Philadelphia : L.H. Everts & Co.]
St. Louis Public Library About this Exhibit Contact Us
Copyright 2001 St. Louis Public Library. (St. Louis, MO) All rights reserved.